Sunday, January 14, 2007

Forgive Us Our Trespasses

Dear Indigna,

There's this "memorial" on a hillside in Lafayette, CA that has hundreds of crosses and a sign noting the alleged "number" of so-called "deaths" of our troops in Iraq. A patriotic Marine, Sgt. Susan Bonodio, entered the so-called "private property" that this outrage is being perpetrated on (some terrorist-sympathizer's "back yard") and tore down the sign after seeing it from the freeway and being deeply offended (see Contra Costa Times, November 15, 2006, p.A3). I think she was quite right. As I understand the law, and as I opined in a letter to the Contra Costa Times on December 20, 2006, "In California and other areas private land has to be posted, fenced or under agriculture, otherwise it is open space." Why the uproar?

William Banducci
Concord, CA

Dear Mr. Banducci,

The Marine's name is Jean, not Susan. I'd answer your question in more detail but I have plans to come over to your unfenced, unposted, non-agriculture yard later today and tear down your Christmas decorations, which are offensive to me. I'm sure you'd agree that it is my right.

1 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just snarfed my coffee... ROTFL!
Indigna ... Thanks for that!
~seditia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home